- Name of Project: Additional System Strengthening Scheme for Sipat STPS
- Project Location: Chhattisgarh
- Regulator – Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Circuit Length: 348 Ckms
- SCOD: March 2019
- Actual COD Date: March 2019
- Concession / TSA Term: 35 Years
- Project Mode: Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB)
- Project Type: Inter State
- Project Rating: A- (CARE)
- Beneficiary State / Off-taker: MP, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu
- Business Model: Build Own Operate Maintain
- Project Completion before scheduled timeline
- Proven historical operating performance – achieved availability higher than target availability
- Strong O&M team with maintenance plan ensuring periodic maintenance
- Counter party risk protection through Payment Pooling Mechanism
- Counter party risk linked to CTU (PGCIL)
- Fixed tariff – all tariff through non escalable component
About the Project
STL was incorporated on Dec 23, 2014. STL entered into a Transmission Service Agreement with Long Term Transmission Customer on June 24, 2015. STL was awarded to ATL (Adani Transmission Ltd.) by PFC Consulting Limited on July 28, 2015 for 35 year period from the schedule commercial operation date on BOOM (Build, Own, Operate, Maintain) basis.
STL shall enhance the redundancy in the evacuation system from Sipat Thermal Power Plant of 3000 MW. STL is intended to strengthen the transmission system in Chhattisgarh and Western Region.
STL operates two EHV overhead transmission lines with total circuit length of approximately 348 Ckms in the state of Chhattisgarh and one no. 765 kV Bay at Sipat in the state of Chhattisgarh. The project construction started in November 2015 and was fully commissioned in March 2019.
- Under crossing of HVDC Champa-Kurushetra line with special design of tower : A new in house design was developed for under crossing of 800 kV HVDC Champa-Kurushetra by 765 kV D/C Bilaspur-Rajnandgaon line.
|Transmission line/Bay||Location||Route Length (Ckms) / Transformation Capacity(MVA)||Commission Date|
|765 kV Single Circuit Sipat STPS –Bilaspur pooling station 3rd line||Chattisgarh||24||10-Aug-2018|
|1 Nos. 765 kV line bay at Sipat NTPC substation||Chattisgarh||-||10-Aug-2018|
|765 kV Double Circuit Bilaspur Pooling station - Rajnandgaon line||Chattisgarh||324||25-Mar-2019|