- Name of Project: Immediate Evacuation for North Karanpura (3x660 MW) Generation Project of NTPC along with creation of 400/220 kV Substation at Dhanbad - Proposal of JUSNL (ERSS- XIX)
- Project Location: Jharkhand, Bihar
- Regulator – Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Circuit Length: 300 Ckms
- Transformation Capacity – 1000 MVA
- SCOD: March 2021
- Concession / TSA Term: 35 Years
- Project Mode: Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB)
- Project Type: Inter State
- Beneficiary State / Off-taker: Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal
- Business Model: Build Own Operate Maintain
About the Project
NKTL was incorporated on Nov, 27, 2015. NKTL entered into a Transmission Service Agreement with Long Term Transmission Customer on March, 14, 2016. NKTL was awarded to ATL (Adani Transmission Ltd.) by REC Transmission Projects Company Ltd. on May, 24, 2016 for 35 year period from the schedule commercial operation date of the NKTL project, on BOOM (Build, Own, Operate, Maintain) basis.
The transmission system implemented by NKTL shall strengthen evacuation of power for about 1980 MW installed capacity from North Karanpura (3x660 MW) Generation Project of NTPC. NKTL shall facilitate in providing reliable evacuation of power in Jharkhand.
NKTL will operate three nos. EHV overhead transmission lines with total circuit length of approximately 300 Ckms and one nos. 400/220 KV Substation at Dhanbad with 1000 MVA capacity in the state of Jharkhand and Bihar.
|Transmission line/Substation||Location||Route Length (Ckms) / Transformation Capacity (MVA)||SCOD Date|
|400 kV D/C North Karanpura - Chandwa Line||Jharkhand||76||30-Jun-2020|
|400 KV D/C North Karanpura - Gaya Line||Jharkhand & Bihar||222||31-Mar-2021|
|LILO of Both Circuits of Ranchi-Maithon RB 400 kV D/C Line at Dhanbad||Jharkhand||2||31-Oct-2020|
|Establishment of 400/220 kV, 2x500 MVA sub-station at Dhanbad||Jharkhand||1000||31-Oct-2020|