- Name of Project: “System Strengthening for IPPs in Chhattisgarh and Other Generation projects in Western Region”
- Project Location: Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra
- Regulator – Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Circuit Length: 433 Ckms
- Transformation Capacity: 630 MVA
- Actual COD: 24th Aug 2019
- Concession / TSA Term: 35 Years
- Project Mode: Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB)
- Project Type: Inter State
- Project Rating: A+ (CARE)
- Beneficiary State / Off-taker: MP, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu
- Business Model: Build Own Operate Maintain
- Counter party risk protection through Payment Pooling Mechanism
- Counter party risk linked to CTU (PGCIL)
- Fixed tariff – all tariff through non escalable component
About the Project
CWRTL was incorporated on Dec, 24, 2013. CWRTL entered into a Transmission Service Agreement with Long Term Transmission Customer on June, 24, 2015. The Chhattisgarh-WR Transmission Ltd. was awarded to ATL (Adani Transmission Ltd.) by PFC Consulting Limited on July, 28, 2015 for 35 year period from the schedule commercial operation date of the CWRTL project, on BOOM (Build, Own, Operate, Maintain) basis.
The transmission system implemented by CWRTL shall strengthen evacuation of power for about 18000 MW installed capacity from Individual Power Producer (IPPs).
CWRTL operates six nos. EHV overhead transmission lines with total circuit length of approximately 433 Ckms and one nos. 400/220 KV Substation at Morena with 630 MVA capacity in the state of Madhya Pradesh, 2 Nos. 400 kV Line Bays at Vindhyachal-V STPP switchyard of NTPC, 1 no. of 765 kV line bay at Sasan UMPP of M/s. SPL, Reliance.
Numerous challenges were encountered and dealt with while completing the project. One such challenge was construction of towers in an already congested corridor where about 6 lines of 765 KV were to be crossed. A unique truncated tower design with height 21 meter and with a cross arm width of 15 meter was designed to overcome this challenge. Another challenge was that the route of 765 kV S/C Raigarh-Champa line was passing parallel to the under construction line of 765 kV PGCIL line and had multiple crossings with the under construction line. The parallel line corridor was re-surveyed and new route was identified. With efficient and effective project management techniques construction of line was successfully completed.
|Transmission line/Substation/Bays||Location||Route Length (Ckms) / Transformation Capacity (MVA)||Commission Date|
|400 kV D/C Gwalior-Morena Line||Madhya Pradesh||96||13-May-2018|
|400/220 KV Substation at Morena||Madhya Pradesh||630||13-May-2018|
|400 kV D/C Vindhyachal-IV &V STPP – Vindhyachal Pool line||Madhya Pradesh||54||02-Apr-2018|
|2 Nos. 400 kV Line Bays at Vindhyachal-IV &V STPP Switchyard||Madhya Pradesh||-||02-Apr-2018|
|765 kV S/C Sasan UMPP – Vindhyachal Pooling Station line||Madhya Pradesh||6||30-Apr-2018|
|1 Nos. 765 kV Line Bay at Sasan UMPP of M.s SPL, Reliance||Madhya Pradesh||-||30-Apr-2018|
|765 kV D/C LILO of One Ckt of Aurangabad-Padghe line at Pune||Maharashtra||129||24-Aug-2019|
|765 kV S/C Raigarh (Kotra) – Champa (Pool) 2nd Line||Chhattisgarh||97||28-Sep-2018|
|765 kV S/C Champa (pool) – Dharamjaigarh 2nd Line||Chhattisgarh||51||24-Jul-2018|