- Name of Project: Transmission Service Provider to establish Transmission System Strengthening in Indian System for Transfer of power from new HEPs in Bhutan
- Project Location: West Bengal, Bihar
- Regulator – Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Circuit Length: 650 ckms approx.
- Business Model: Build Own Operate Maintain
- ACOD: January 2020
- Concession / TSA Term: 35 years
- Project Mode: Tariff Based Competitive Bid
- Project Type: Inter State
- Beneficiary State / Transmission Customers: Manipur, Nagaland, Assam, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Jharkhand
- Fixed tariff
About the Project
Alipurduar Transmission Ltd. operates transmission lines aggregating to around 650 ckt kms in West Bengal and Bihar. The project was awarded through competitive bidding process on a build, own, operate, maintain basis. Element 1 of the project consisting of the transmission line from Alipurduar to Siliguri was commissioned on 20 Jan 2020 and Element 2 of the project consisting of the transmission line from Kishanganj to Darbhanga was commissioned on 6 Mar 2019..
|S.No.||Name of the Transmission Element||Location|
|1||Alipurduar (POWERGRID) – Siliguri (POWERGRID) 400kV D/c line (2nd) with quad moose conductor||West Bengal|
|2||Kishanganj (POWERGRID) – Darbhanga (DMTCL) 400kV D/c (quad moose) line along with 80 MVAR switchable line reactor and 400kV line bays at Darbhanga (2 nos)||Bihar|