- Name of Project: 400 kV D/C Suratgarh-Bikaner
- Project Location: Rajasthan
- Regulator – Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Circuit Length: 279 Ckms
- Actual COD Date: July 2018
- Concession / TSA Term: 25 Years
- Project Type: Intra State
- Project Rating: A- (Brickwork)
- Beneficiary State / Off-taker: Rajasthan
- Business Model: Build Own Operate Transfer
- Proven historical operating performance – achieved availability higher than target availability
- Strong O&M team with maintenance plan ensuring periodic maintenance
- Tariff linked to inflation
About the Project
ATRL was incorporated on March 21, 2016. ATRL entered into a Transmission Service Agreement with Long Term Transmission Customer on May 5, 2016. The Adani Transmission Rajasthan Ltd. was awarded to ATL (Adani Transmission Ltd.) by Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd. on Mar 16, 2016 for 25 year period from the schedule commercial operation date of the ATRL project, on BOOM (Build, Own, Operate, Maintain) basis.
The transmission system established under ATRL shall meet the power demand in the Rajasthan state and increase redundancy for evacuation of power from Suratgarh Thermal Power plant.
ATRL operates one overhead EHV transmission lines with total circuit length of approximately 279 Ckms in the state of Rajasthan. The project construction started in Dec’2016 and project was fully commissioned in July’2018.
Numerous challenges were encountered and dealt with while completing the project. The key challenges encountered and successfully dealt with were –
- Sand Dunes :Sand dunes occupy a major part of the district north of Vindhyan escarpment in northern and northwestern part of the Jodhpur District. It was very difficult to maintain ground clearance due to Sand dunes. Through design innovation, to maintain ground clearance, leg extension were provided at tower locations where sand dunes were encountered. Benching was provided at locations where sand dunes encountered between the span of tower.
- Sand Storm: In northwest India, especially in Rajasthan, Sand Storm is common phenomenon. The intensity of sand storm was very high and temperature increased suddenly after sand storm in many instances. Even after such harsh environment, the project construction was completed successfully.
|Transmission line||Location||Route Length (Ckms)||Commission Date|
|400 kV D/C Suratgarh-Bikaner line||Rajasthan 5||279||28-Jul-2018|