- ATL wins the CERC regulated ISTS (interstate transmission) project through TBC
- The project comprises Loop In Loop Out (LILO) of Pugalur – Pugalur (HVDC) line and 400 kV AIS substation in Karur, Tamil Nadu
- The project will help in evacuation of renewable energy in the Karur-Tiruppur region
- ATL to build, own, operate and maintain the transmission project for a period of 35 years
- ATL will exceed 18,500 ckt km of transmission lines and 38,000 MVA transformation capacity
Ahmedabad, 24 December 2021: Adani Transmission Ltd (ATL), India’s largest private sector power transmission company and part of the diversified Adani Group, has received the Letter of Intent (LoI) for the acquisition of Karur Transmission Ltd.
ATL won the project through the Tariff-Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) process and has received the LoI for the Central RE evacuation project. ATL will build, own, operate and maintain the transmission project in Tamil Nadu for a period of 35 years
The project, Karur Transmission Ltd, incorporated by PFC Consulting Ltd, primarily consists of the following elements -
ATL’s execution of the project will help evacuate renewable energy from the Karur-Tiruppur region and the estimated capex will be more than Rs 200 Cr.
Mr. Anil Sardana, MD & CEO, Adani Transmission Ltd, said, , “ATL is pleased to contribute to the Renewable Energy evacuation system by building power transmission infrastructure. This new project will be ATL’s first-ever ISTS project in Tamil Nadu, which will allow us to contribute significantly to the development of the national transmission infrastructure for evacuation of renewable energy. We are accelerating our pan-India presence through the competitive bidding process and setting industry benchmarks in sustainable best practices.”
Winning this project consolidates ATL’s market-leading position and takes it closer to its target of setting up 20,000 ckt km of transmission lines by 2022. The project will allow the company to contribute towards the Government of India’s quest to achieve Power For All by 2022.